aerodrome/JOURNAL is a limited edition magazine about words and people, accompanied by a fine art print.
The first issue showcases the editors’ favourite pieces published on AERODROME during its first year, as well as exciting new content that is still to be featured on the website:
- Interviews with writers, poets and others involved in the world of words
- Original short stories and poetry
- Book reviews
Only 300 copies of the first issue have been produced.
The magazine’s dust jacket is a limited edition fine art print created by Morné Visagie, ranked one of the leading Young African Artists by Business Day WANTED in 2013. Visagie graduated from the Michaelis School of Fine Art in 2011 and is a printer at Cape Town’s only fine art printmaking studio, Warren Editions. Last year, his debut collaborative exhibition with Mbongeni Dlamini,Far From The Sea, Perhaps… was shown at Whatiftheworld / Gallery.
How to secure your copy
aerodrome/JOURNAL is available directly from AERODROME for R140. As only 300 copies of the magazine were produced (many of which have already been sold), we advise ordering as soon as possible to make sure you get hold of a copy.
- Email email@example.com to let us know how many copies you’d like to order.
- We’ll send you an invoice with our banking details.
- Once you’ve paid the amount, email us the proof of payment.
- We will reply via email to confirm your purchase.
- The magazine will be posted to you within two weeks of your payment. Postage within South Africa is free. Postage beyond its borders costs an additional R100.
A small number of copies are available at several independent bookshops:
- In Cape Town (from 1 October): Clarke’s, The Book Lounge, Kalk Bay Books, Bibliophilia, Blank Books
- In Durban (from 15 October): Ike Books
- In Joburg (from 1 November): Fourthwall Books, Love Books